Re: WARNING!!!

>any CO2 system, if not set up and used
>correctly can cause problems.

>Without knowing more, it's hard to say if
>the CO2 system was actually faulty, or if
>it was just creating more CO2 than your
>tank needed....

It's a Chinese knock off of the Carbo Plus system.  Has a carbon bar
surrounded by electrodes; produces COČ by some kind of electrolysis, I
think.  As soon as I plugged it in, the fish acted funny.  I unplugged
it at night, and in the morning, I had a lot of dead fish.

I don't think it was an overload of COČ.  I tested the pH, and it was
high---around 7.2.  (My KH is 5)  And the fish weren't gasping at the
surface: they were hugging the bottom and hiding in the glosso.  I think
they got electrocuted.

Lori, who went back to her low-tech DIY bucket-o-yeast, and is much
happier