[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Feeding with Zucchinni -- or - Whatever floats your squash
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Feeding with Zucchinni -- or - Whatever floats your squash
- From: "S. Hieber" <shieber at yahoo_com>
- Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 04:12:38 -0800 (PST)
- In-reply-to: <200301270045.h0R0jeRQ025354 at otter_actwin.com>
AuntieFran at aol_com said this about catching MT snails:
> >Are their any traps out there to catch MTS?
> Yes, it's called a slice of cucumber or zucchini. Either
> weight it down by
> rubber-banding it to a rock or loop a piece of string
> through it and float
> it. If it's introduced to the tank at night, it will
> probably be covered
> with snails in the morning. Remove it, discard the
> snails, and repeat as
Or you can parboil a batch of the slices (until they just
turn/change color -- about 90 seconds) and store them in
the freezer until needed. When they thaw, they sink all on
their on -- not sinkers to retrieve afterwards. :-)
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now.