Elatine triandra questions

MORE questions...! My LFS is selling this new stuff called "Elatine
triandra" (I think that's how you spell it) but again, I can't seem to find
much info on it. On the tank, it says that it's emerse-grown, and it looks
a lot like pearl grass, but I've experienced first-hand how submersed
growth won't look *anything* like the emerse-grown plant. I wanted to try
it in my 2.5-gallon planted tank, but didn't want to risk getting something
that would be totally size-inappropriate for such a small aquarium. Might
anybody have stats, maybe even a photo of the submersed form of this plant?
Is it difficult to grow? Is it particularly sensitive while transitioning
from one form to the other? If it grows too large for a 2.5-gallon tank,
how about a 5.5-gallon?

I'd be grateful for any info. Thanks!

-Naomi