Mini Compact 10 watt = 50 watt??

OK, I just picked up a hood for a 10-gallon tank that uses MINI-COMPACT
lights (All Glass). It says the lights are 10 watt each, but the box also
says, "Power Mini Compact 10 Watt Bulb is equivalent to 50 watt incandescent
lighting."

I've never heard of this. Is it correct?

If so, then I'm essentially placing 100 watts above my 10 gallon tank (since
the lid holds 2.) This is obviously a tad outrageous, so it certainly can't
be 10 to 50... What do people know about this?

Kevmo