Edible Aquarium

> To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
> Subject: Edible Aquariums
> From: Shireen Gonzaga <whimbrel at comcast_net>
> Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 14:29:01 -0500
<snip>
> Edible Aquarium for Kids
> 1 package (4 serving size) Jello brand
> berry blue gelatin flavor
> 3/4 cup boiling water
> 1/2 cup cold water
> Ice cubes
> Gummy fish
<snip>

Shireen also suggested making it a planted aquarium and added to the
recipe her own suggestions for additional ingredients, e.g. substrate,
driftwood, rocks, plants -- all edible.

One of our daughters thought this sounded like a *neat* project for her
daughter.  When I asked if she knew where to find "Gummy fish," she
replied, "Of course, a nine-year-old knows where to buy those things!" I
asked her to send me a picture if they actually went through with the
project. The result can be seen at:

www.fitchfamily.com/edibleaquarium.html

Now if the AGA would only add an "Edible Aquarium" category, my family
might *finally* have a chance of winning.  And thank you for the
suggestion, Shireen.  It was lots of fun.  And so far, not a sign of
algae!

John T. Fitch
E-mail: JTFitch at FitchFamily_com
Web Site: www.fitchfamily.com/aquarium.html