Re: A Pond is A Lake is A Dam

I had researched the differences between a pond and lake when people started
calling my pond a lake because of it's size (most people are accustomed to
the 1 acre farm pond). Everyone is right that there is a gray line between
the two when you get up there in size. It's possible to have a lake and a
pond that are both 6 acres. However, most tend to agree that a lake is:

Deep enough to stop light from penetrating the bottom thus stopping the
spread of rooted aquatic vegetation. This is usually around 15 feet deep but
depends on turbidity.

Have at least one wind/water swept shoreline.

A pond temperature is fairly even from top to bottom.