Re: Barley

> > 2. Despite this fact, marketing of barley straw products,
> particularly in the
> > pond industry, has become common and has many proponents.
> (would like to
> > hear form some actual pond hobbysists opinions who have used
> this.  It would
> > be interesting to find how many say it is bunk)...my next task at hand<<

Much of it's popularity comes from articles and studies such as this:
http://www.aquabotanic.com/barleyarticle.html

which is an article by: Bryan Butler, Faculty Assistant, Carroll Cooperative
Extension Service,  University of Maryland Cooperative Extension Service.

And this detailed study, (in PDF)  http://www.aquabotanic.com/straw.PDF

done in England.  How this translates into aquarium use is debateable, and I
will leave that to those who have an interest in it.

Robert Paul Hudson
www.aquabotanic.com
Join the AB forums