[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Sick Borellii - Please advice
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Sick Borellii - Please advice
- From: FiestaCranberry at webtv_net (Fiesta Cranberry)
- Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 11:26:21 -0800 (PST)
- In-reply-to: Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com (Aquatic Plants Digest)'smessage of Sat, 18 Jan 2003 06:55:39 -0500
>Over a period of approx a month he >became shy and would not come out
>eat...He's very thin now and when I feed
>him he will come out and look for food but
>seems like he just spits it back out.
I don't know what a Borellii is, but the symptoms you describe sure
sound like an internal parasite to me: probably hexamita. I _think_ you
treat this with metronidazole, but I'm not 100% sure, so try a web
search on hexamita, which I think is a protozoan.