[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re: roots
- From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
- Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 21:32:28 -0500
- In-reply-to: <200301111146.h0BBk4qr001247 at otter_actwin.com>
- User-agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022
> Subject: Re: Please help finish this sentence
> ... Help please and feel free
> to correct me or suggest a term while you're at it.
> "Floating Plants - Plants which float on the surface of the water,
> deriving needed nutrients from the water via hairlike structures
> called ______. "
> The answer is--------root hairs
"Thallus" and "leaves" would also be correct. e.g. : Riccia and megaphylls
Myriophyllum, the microphylls of moss.
Hairlike structures, absorb nutrient through these structures, can float on