Aquatic Fungus

Recently, someone identified a colorless translucent glop I once had in my
tank
as a type of fungus.  I thought I saved the response.  Guess I lost it.  And
thought I got rid of the glop. Well, its coming back. Does the person who
identified
it know what is the solution for getting rid of it on a permanent basis? I'd
sure hate to buy and wash another 3 bags of fluorite - in this weather.  I
suppose I could boil it?  Good grief.

Thanks so much,
Sharon

multipart/alternative