Re: ICK, Plants

I could never keep Rams for long until I set up my first proper planted
tank. Since then I have had no trouble with this species at all and have had
a self -sustaining population ever since. Even newly bought specimens that
have developed Itch a day or so after purchase have recvered on their own
without any treatment whatsoever. I know this won't be much comfort to the
original questioner who was having problems treating his Rams in a planted
tank but it was one of the things that convinced me that planted aquaria
were the way to go.

Josh wrote:

>Rams are one of the fish that I have had that seem to last about as >long
>as an ice cream sandwich.  I really like weather loaches too, yet >they all
>die on me.  I'm not sure why.  I just wanted plants to make a >better
>environment for the fish, but it has become addictive.  My ick >treatment
>is to feed the fish a bunch.  Fish that are really eating >are a lot harder
>to kill in my experience.  Maybe that's an oxymoron >too, I am not sure.

Roy Wadey.