Re: dream digital camera?

>If you had $400 to splurge, what kind of digital camera would you get?
>One that's good for aquarium photography (macro) and for general
>use?
>
>Just wondering what people recommend ....
>
>cheers,
>     shireen

Get something that you can get a lens adapter for so that you can use
normal threaded camera lenses. That way you always have the option of
getting a special lens to use with your camera for that "special" shot.

Usually the adapters are only available for use with the higher end (and
physically larger) cameras, but $400 gets you into that price range. One of
our clients is a photography studio, and several of the photographers there
have recommended the Olympus and Nikon cameras to me before.

         -Bill
Waveform Technology
UNIX Systems Administrator