Subject: Re:Carib Sea Eco-Complete Planted Aquarium Substrate

James Purchase Wrote:
When you say that laterite "develops over time", are you referring to the
eons it takes to form in Nature, or are you thinking that a tank using
laterite needs a long time to settle down and work? While I can agree with
the former, the latter statement doesn't match my experience with laterite
in substrates.

Please keep us informed about how this stuff works (and looks) but be
careful about believing what might be advertising hype from the
manufacturer. The hobby has too much of that already.

The former. What he meant is that this material is captured right out of the air. Beyond that, he would need to explain any further. I have invited him to join the list to help answer any future questions that might come up. Half of the stuff he explained to me was over my head even though I got the "jist" of things. If it does what I think he was saying it does, then it could be a very interesting choice of substrate for the planted aquarium. Again, the proof is in the puddin! Regards, Don Matakis

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---