RE: Flourish drops = greasy water

I don't think the surface film is directly caused by adding Flourish, but
rather by bacteria and other microorganisms that are enjoying the improved
aquatic environment combined with dust and microscopic debris floating on
the surface. All of my tanks that do not utilize a surface skimmer have
this film, although, it is very thin and the lighting has to be a certain
way to really see it well. I wouldn't worry about it unless it looks like
beer foam or something. It may mostly disappear as the tank's ecosystem re
balances itself.

--- Eric