CO2 alternative

Laura is looking for a way to supplement CO2 but would rather avoid a DIY
system.

The plastic bottle reactor is the easiest and least expensive CO2 system.
Next to that, for the $20 your planning on spending, I think I would buy a
2 liter jug of the Flourish Excel. It depends on if you want to lower the
pH. The Excel won't do that. Seachem, the makers of Flourish Excel says
that 250 ml will treat 50 gallons for 1-2 months. So, this might be an
option.

--- Eric