[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Heehaw and straw
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re: Heehaw and straw
- From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
- Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 19:26:04 -0500
- In-reply-to: <200301072301.h07N1Bbf017241 at otter_actwin.com>
- User-agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022
> I thought it had been discussed previously that the
> benefits of barley straw, if any were probably due to the
> production of hydrogen peroxide as a byproduct of of its
> organic decomposition.
> Is the mechanism still a mystery?
> Scott H.
Chemically I think that may be the issue, but biologically if may be the
Rotifers. I think the effect is weak either way with the straw.