[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Help name plant part, please

     * From: jmarella <jmarella at attbi_com>

I'm stuck trying to name a plant part and hope someone will help with
the answer. On a floating plant, what are those fine, hair-like
structures on the roots that absorb nutrients from the water? ..........

They are called, simply, root hairs.  For some reason, "they" never 
came up with a fancier name.
Paul Krombholz in chilly central Mississippi