[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Help name plant part, please
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Help name plant part, please
- From: Paul Krombholz <krombhol at teclink_net>
- Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 00:59:32 -0600
- In-reply-to: <200301070323.h073NFZo031305 at otter_actwin.com>
- References: <200301070323.h073NFZo031305 at otter_actwin.com>
* From: jmarella <jmarella at attbi_com>
I'm stuck trying to name a plant part and hope someone will help with
the answer. On a floating plant, what are those fine, hair-like
structures on the roots that absorb nutrients from the water? ..........
They are called, simply, root hairs. For some reason, "they" never
came up with a fancier name.
Paul Krombholz in chilly central Mississippi