[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Help name plant part, please

I'm stuck trying to name a plant part and hope someone will help with 
the answer. On a floating plant, what are those fine, hair-like 
structures on the roots that absorb nutrients from the water? I know 
it's a part of the root and has a specific name but I can't think of 

The only word that comes to mind is cilia, but those are the hairs in 
my nose, so that can't be it....lol. (not that I actually have *too* 
much long, dark black hair in my nose).

Thanks in advance!