algae inhibition and RUBISCO

I seem to recall a thread on the list about whether oxygen in the plant tank
retards plant growth due to competing oxygenase activity. i don't know if any
definitive conclusions were reached but it seemed the opinion was that this
wasn't terribly significant. it seems to me that is should be significant
since plants are willing to go to great lengths to avoid this activity (c-4
and CAM) and a pearling tank is obviously a very oxygen enriched environment.
anyway, the question i'm getting around to asking is whether oxygen inhibition
of photosynthesis could be the big algae buster in a healthy plant tank if
plants are better adapted to deal with it than algae. it would be easy to test
this theory so i suspect it's already been done - anyone know?

elie