Re: low KH

"A KH test kit is actually measuring total
alkalinity, of which carbonate hardness is only one
part. For example, phosphate in the water will add
alkalinity. In my experience, carbonate hardness (CO3)
is "used up" very slowly, if at all, so what you are
seeing change is not really KH."

Is that any kind of phosphate?  If I get a reading of
5 "KH" early in the week and add the usual potassium
phosphate dose (to around .5) but don't have anything
in the tank that would alter the alkalinity and the
reading is 6 later in the week, could the phosphate
dosing do that alone?  I suppose you could get that
Lamotte co2 test kit and figure it out that way.

Cavan