Re: Algae eaters: are they a good idea?

Rachel,
Try this: get a clear, plastic soda bottle, remove the label, and cut
the bottom half off.  I use a 1 liter mineral water bottle, because it
has a long neck.  Use the top half of the bottle (without cap) and
slowly creep up on your victim and scoop him up.  Depending on the size
of the victim, you may have to keep a finger over the hole to keep him
from swimming thru.  Without the cap, the water flows thru the bottle
top and makes less disturbance to signal the fish that something is up.

I have used this method on some very hard to catch, wild caught marine
fish, and it works pretty well.  You may only get one fish per try, so
just wait a few hours and try again until you catch them all.

Lori