Re: Water Change in Tall Apartment Building

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aquatic Plants Digest" <Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com>
To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2002 7:05 AM
Subject: Aquatic Plants Digest V5 #496

> Aquatic Plants Digest    Monday, December 30 2002    Volume 05 : Number
496

> Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 06:45:29 -0800 (PST)
> From: mike heerman
>
> I don't know if there is a way to get the dirty water
> down a toilet because you would be flushing constantly.
> I have a 75 and 37 gallon tanks.

You'd think this would be the case, but it doesn't work out that way.
Toilets are self-levelling, barring any obstructions to the plumbing, and
they don't care if the water comes from the toilet's tank or the fishes'.
Just wait until you're all finished, _then_ do a final flush.

Most of my indoor discards are via the Great White Telephone (old party
joke) and it's not a problem - except for the occasionally too-full bucket
leaving a little trail through the house, or around the toilet because I
initially missed on the dump. But those buckets are *key*, particularly if
you have sand or small-grained gravel, because it's a _lot_ easier on your
wallet to have anything settle out before the water is dumped. I understand
that plumbers charge out the wazoo for clearing settled sand out of a
drainage elbow to restore flow...

-Y-

David A. Youngker
nestor10 at mindspring_com