Re: PO4 and E stellata

> From: john wheeler
> The thing I've noticed with this plant is that the
> colors only really develop when it's mature.

.. or limited in nutrients/light which causes the
leaves to stop growing and instead develop
more color.

> got tired of green stellata.

.. amen =)

>While it is true that the
> branching makes for a very bushy plant, I find that
> out of the 4-12 branches, only a fraction turn out to
> be strong enough to bother with.

I agree.

> From: detlef
> To me the plant looks sickly a short time before stunting
> occurs.

I don't agree. If the natural behaviour/appearance of
stellata looks sickly to you, you should perhaps look
for an alternative plant. Why try to make a plant
be what it isn't. The poodle-problem. A matter of
taste I guess.
Blood red colors of stellata as in Kasselmann would
be nice though.

As an alternative to stellata I would love to get hold
of the verticillate and red leaved version of Ludwigia
inclinata as seen on page 354. To bad Christel says
it is extremely difficult to maintain in culture - but
that I guess is a good thing for the people of
this list ;)

> From: Cavan
> I've switched over to Gratiola sp.  It looks very
> similar and doesn't stunt (but is quite light hungry).
>  I suggest it as an alternative.

.. or if someone have the verticillate leaved version
of Ludwigia inclinata they surley should contact
me on the double =)