Re: How important is 02 in a plant tank?

Robert wrote:

So how important is this issue? How does one effectively increase oxygen
levels? Are water changes and removing decaying organics in the aquarium
enough?

I write:

I would say filtration has alot to do with it. I have a wetdry on my 125,
and soon as the lights come on the plants start pearling. I guess that means
the oxygen level never really drops that much the 12 hours the lights are
off. I've had other tanks with just as much light and either canister or
outside power filters that never did this.

Jeff Vamos
jbvamos at rcn_com