[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re:Brother and HPS
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re:Brother and HPS
- From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
- Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 17:56:33 -0500
- In-reply-to: <200212171047.gBHAlHpl008873 at otter_actwin.com>
- User-agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022
Concerning my family:
Nope, unlike some folks, I'm the only son, no aquarium keeping till I came
HPS do grow plants well. Pretty yeller.
Halogen, eg the 12volt DC spot lights work well and have better color. It's
yellow compared to the harsh white of a 6700K bulb though.
But if you see it without another FL bulb next to it, it looks quite nice.
Not particularly efficient but nice nonetheless.
Tropic sells a nice little Cube aquarium with a single 50w lamp on it.
I used 3x50w over a 20 gallon for a few years and was very pleased.
For what you are doing I recall was for a larger tank?
Anything much over a 20-25 gallon tank, you'd be better off DIY a MH set up.
It's not that much more.