Re: Water Lily Fertilizer

I have used several things without any bad effects and my lilies have
consistently bloomed.

I look for a low nitrogen time release type fertilizer.  I have used some
lawn fertilizer (there are some that fit that description but be careful not
to get the type that has weed killer in there too).

I have also used plant stakes (for trees, or shrubs) and broken off
appropriate size chunks and pushed them down into the soil.

I have also used "osmocote" for blooming plants (it has lower nitrogen).
For any of these particle type fertilizers, I dig a small hole in the pot
and try to get the fertilizer covered so that it doesn't get loose in the
pond.

However, I cannot say whether this will aggravate an algae bloom.  Use at
your own risk<G>.

Terry

multipart/related
  multipart/alternative