Re: seachem's equilibrium

>Equilibrium wasn't designed _strictly_ for planted tanks, Jeff - they have a
>whole range of supplements for that. Don't mix apples and oranges.

Actually, it was :-) Equilibrium was formulated with planted aquaria
specifically in mind. It's also of course quite suitable for general
freshwater use as well, but the amounts, type and ratios of
components were formulated for planted aquaria. We have several
"salts" that are formulated for specific freshwater types:
Equilibrium for freshwater planted; Cichlid Lake Salt for freshwater
African cichlids; South American Cichlid Salt (for, you guessed it,
South American Cichlids!), Central American Cichlid Salt (for...
central American cichlids);  Live Bearer Salt for freshwater
livebearers and brackish aquariums; Gold Salt for goldfish.

Our goal is to provide specific salt formulations for optimal
environmental replication rather than a one size fits all type
solution like... , ahem, I guess I better not mention any names here
as I don't want to get sued ;-) ... competing products that
reconstitute RO water.

If the product is in our "green" planted aquarium packaging, it is
designed for the planted aquarium, even if it lacks the "Flourish"
prefix in it's name.

-Greg Morin
--

Gregory Morin, Ph.D.  ~~~~~~~President/CEO~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Seachem Laboratories, Inc.      www.seachem.com     888-SEACHEM