Re: Power outage story

This time last year I went 5 days without power. I put 8 litre water bottles into my tanks filled with hot water, unfortunately I didn't start early enough and I didn't have enough hot water for all of them, in the end I lost about 50% of all my fish (mostly Apistos) and because I couldn't prove their market value (none were available in Spain and the assessors wouldn't accept the receipts I had from the UK) the power company (who were obliged by the govt to pay compensation) didn't give me anything. I suppose that power outage cost me about $500. I've since moved to a house with a more secure power supply!