cleaner robot

Sitting here wondering about constructing some sort of RC underwater robot
designed to trim algae/plants, fetch random things at the bottom of the
tank, maybe give a few pesty fish a little payback chase for attacking one
of the small guys, and most of all - just for entertainment. It would be
sweet if it could be  a 3 inch yellow submarine - with robotic scissors of
course. I'm not talking major trimming, I'm talking about detail work that
you can't really see from the top of the tank when you're reaching in
agitating the surface.

Any bright mechanical/aquatic engineers on the list care to ponder on how
far off we are from seeing something like this, or whether it's currently
possible?

Adam.