Re: Betta Splendens

Augustine Rodriguez: "Has anyone kept Betta Splendens (Siamese Fighting
Fish) in a planted tank. I have an all plant 10 gallon with java ferns,
anubias, and moss and would like to add one Betta, no other fish."

Bettas do great in a planted tank. One at a time. I tried more than one in a
90 gallon, figuring they had enough room to keep to themselves, but no dice.
I now have a few mangled Cardinal Tetras left over from that ill-fated
experiment. Once a Betta becomes comfortable with the tank, they are a
wonder to watch.

TW