Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V5 #463

Dec.4, 2002.

Dear APD Members:

I had posted a querry on Nov. 22, 2002, regarding my
Myriophyllum Plant Dis-coloration.

But regretfully, I have not received a single help.  I
have been scanning every day, but no luck !!

I am re-writing the same again, with the hope that
some of you could possibly suggest.

I look forward to your reply, either on this site or
directly to my mail box: alpi101 at yahoo_com,
alpi at satyam_net.in.

Thanks & regards,

Sunil Baboo

Copy: as follows:

Dear All:

I am having some problem with my plants.

1.	Myriophyllum Aquaticum (Green)
2.	Myriophyllum Tuberculatum (red)
When I planted the above, both had perfectly bright
colors respectively.  But despite good growth, both
are now kind of dirty brown.

I am using Pottassium Sulphate (1/4 tsp) every day,
KNO3 every alternate day, and Micro Nutrients (2 ml),
and Fe (1/2 ml) per day.  I have pressurized CO2
delivery through a reactor.  Lighting is about 144
watts (4 X 36 Watts CFLs).  Tank capacity is abou 200
Lts.

All other plants are doing fine, but the above.

There are NO FISHES in the Tank.

Pls suggest what I should do to get their original
colors back.

Thanks & regards,
Sunil Baboo.

--- Aquatic Plants Digest
<Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com> wrote:

> Aquatic Plants Digest    Tuesday, December 3 2002
> Volume 05 : Number 463
>

> In this issue:
>
> 	Re: UPS as backup power
> 	Metal Halides In Australia
> 	Re: Big regulator problem - urgent
> 	Re: screw in cf bulbs & Retina Burners
> 	UndergraverHeater
> 	Re: Oxalate standard electrode potential
> 	Re: 60$ test kits
> 	Re: Marine planted tanks
> 	Re: Marine planted tanks
> 	RE: Stored Nutrients
> 	Re: oxalic acid
> 	Re: Metal Halides In Australia
> 	Re: breeding fish in planted tanks
> 	Re: UndergraverHeater
> 	Re: Marine Plants
> 	Re: Metal Halides In Australia
> 	It's not easy being green...
> 	Under gravel heater
> 	Plant ID
> 	Re: Update on 25 Gallon Tank
> 	Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V5 #462
> 	Red lined SAE
> 	Re: Marine plants
>
> See the end of the digest for information on
> unsubscribing from the
> Aquatic Plants mailing list and on how to retrieve
> back issues.

> Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 12:21:03 +0200
> From: Vallo Kallaste <kalts at estpak_ee>
> Subject: Re: UPS as backup power
>
> On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 04:49:21PM -0500, Giancarlo
> <gp at isaconsulting_com> wrote:
>
> [snip]
> > My second test was more successful, the unit ran
> the filter alone for 12
> > hours before I gave up waiting for the thing to
> die and stopped the test
> > myself and whent to bed. In all I think it's safe
> to say that even these
> > cheap units can do a good job at keeping several
> filters running during
> > blackouts. My tanks are all in the house and we
> rarely have a temperature
> > problem during blackouts so this works for me. I'm
> not sure how to calculate
> > temperature loss of a tank, perhaps that would
> allow me to see just how long
> > my tanks can go without heating during the
> different seasons but at least I
> > know my bacteria buddies should be OK.
>
> The centrifugal pumps in the filters are rated at
> ~10-20W, so this
> isn't surprise to me at least. Glad you gave it a
> try, I was also
> concerned about cheap UPS's output waveform. Because
> blackout is,
> umm, blackout.. you can always quickly thermally
> isolate the tank
> from environment and it'll take a while then before
> temperature gets
> down to hazardous values. Water thermal capacity is
> quite good.
> - --
>
> Vallo Kallaste
> kalts at estpak_ee

> [...]