GE's official silicon response

Thanks to all who answered my post. Here is the response from GE.
"We don't recommend any of our products for underwater submersion, but some
aquarium manufacturers do choose to use our products on glass to glass
aquariums.  The products they use most often are RTV108 or IS808.  These are
industrial grade products.  Our consumer grade (this means they would be
found in Home Depot or a local hardware store) offset to these industrial
products is GE012A ( Window and Door Silicon 1) The product should be
completely cured before putting the finished product to use. The recommended
time frame is 7-10 days."

Denise

multipart/alternative
  text/html