Re: Green Water and Leggy plants

>> Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 21:13:55 -0500
>> From: David Martin <dmartin72 at comcast_net>
>> Subject: Green Water and Leggy plants
[snip]
>> changes have helped a lot. I'm debating whether to swap out one of the two
>> 55 watt bulbs with a 36 watt bulb to bring down my compact fluorescent
>> wattage from 110 to 91 over my 25 gallon tank. I remember Tom Barr eluding
>> to the fact that higher wattage of CF can contribute to GW.
[snip]
>I asked AH Supply about >doing that
>very thing and was told not to do so.  It will cause problems according to >them.
>You can run both bulbs at 36 watts or both at 55, but not one of each.
>Scott Lewis

Some of the dual-bulb CF setups actually use two seperate ballasts, and if
the ballasts can each run either size bulb then you should be OK. Using two
different sized bulbs on one dual-bulb ballast is probably NOT a good idea
unless the ballast is specifically made to do that.

    -Bill

...now returning to basement to work on new 3-bulb MH ballast system using
seperate ballasts... :-)

Waveform Technology
UNIX Systems Administrator