Green Water and Leggy plants

> Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 21:13:55 -0500
> From: David Martin <dmartin72 at comcast_net>
> Subject: Green Water and Leggy plants
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> 1. I have a little GW attack. I am doing many water changes to take out the
> GW and reset my KNO3 and K2SO4 levels to where they need to be. The water
> changes have helped a lot. I'm debating whether to swap out one of the two
> 55 watt bulbs with a 36 watt bulb to bring down my compact fluorescent
> wattage from 110 to 91 over my 25 gallon tank. I remember Tom Barr eluding
> to the fact that higher wattage of CF can contribute to GW.

You may want to check with the manuf. of the ballast to see if using different
bulbs on the same ballast is such a good idea.  I asked AH Supply about doing that
very thing and was told not to do so.  It will cause problems according to them.
You can run both bulbs at 36 watts or both at 55, but not one of each.

--

Scott Lewis