Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V5 #458

Just found one of the same things in my tank.  Like a
grey mottled BB?

Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 23:43:11 -0600
From: "Steven Maier" <stevemaier at ameritech_net>
Subject: Bugs

I came home tonight flipped the lights on the tank and
found that I
have an
infestation of some kind of bug in my tank. They are 1
to 2 mm in
diameter,
Whitish to gray in color, Might have some speckling,
Appear to have
some
small antennae, Can run across the substrate at about
2 inches per
second,
Stay in the bottom of the tank and appear to be of no
interest to any
of the
fish. I will attempt to get a picture of this but at
present they are
too
small to photograph with what I have. The only
internet information I
can
find that appears to match what these might be is
"Ostarcods". Anyone
have
any other links that might prove useful in determining
what to do about
this? If in fact they are Ostarcods then they might
not be a problem.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
Steve Maier