Bugs

I came home tonight flipped the lights on the tank and found that I have an
infestation of some kind of bug in my tank. They are 1 to 2 mm in diameter,
Whitish to gray in color, Might have some speckling, Appear to have some
small antennae, Can run across the substrate at about 2 inches per second,
Stay in the bottom of the tank and appear to be of no interest to any of the
fish. I will attempt to get a picture of this but at present they are too
small to photograph with what I have. The only internet information I can
find that appears to match what these might be is "Ostarcods". Anyone have
any other links that might prove useful in determining what to do about
this? If in fact they are Ostarcods then they might not be a problem.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
Steve Maier