Eleocharis montevidensis

Folks,

I've been growing "giant hairgrass" (Eleocharis montevidensis) for a while
now.  It seems like some or all of the plants that I put next to the hair
grass stand and plants that the hair grass has grown around start failing.
Sometimes this is a pretty quick event and sometimes it is very slow.  I'm
starting to wonder if Eleocharis montevidensis might be alleleophathic.  Has
anyone else had problems growing it with other plants?

Roger Miller