Thanks.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who replied to my questions
concerning Sodium Hydroxide, Fertilizers and lastly manual CO2 injection
systems.

I've started with the PMDD and so far after three days I can see results
already. I'm keeping a close eye on iron and algea, but so far (3 days)
all I've seen is accumulating chlorophyll in previously yellow leaves.
I was amazed at how easy it was to aquire and mix. I should have enough
mix for years at $20.00 worth.

The fert mix is incredibly flexible as well. I was a bit leary with
adding KNO3 to my tank so I started off with just half the recommended
amount and so far all is well. If things go good, I might bring it up,
but only perhaps when I have the carpet of grass that I want.  I believe
that will qualify my tank as densly planted once I have that.

My 5lb CO2 tank seems to deliver the ~26ppm I need at a bubble every 2
seconds around the clock. Who needs a $200+ PH regulator? Besides, C02
seems to be cheap for how long it lasts.

I'm pretty happy with the results slowly developing.

Thanks guys!