RE: water issues

Andrea,

Not sure why the issues with your Kh and GH.  But TX rocks are just as
likely to have CaCO3 as any other.  Unfortunately you cant equate distance
from the sea to the amount of carbonates in any given stone.  The stone
could have been part of the sea way before people or dinosaurs were walking
around.  To better answer your question find out what the mine you got the
stone from produces....or describe the stone.  I can help here as I am a
geologist.  In the future you can test the rocks for Caco3 in an easy
manner, carry a bottle of PH down with you.  Pick up the rock and add a
drop.  If you see or here fizzes or snap crackle and pop, the rock has
caco3.  And will affect your PH.  I hope this helps.

Jim DeAngelo, CFM
Dewberry & Davis LLC
8401 Arlington Boulevard
Fairfax, VA 22031
703-849-0119

This email transmission may contain confidential or privileged information.
If you receive this email message in error, notify the sender by email and
delete the email without reading, copying or disclosing the email contents.
The unauthorized use or dissemination of any confidential or privileged
information contained in this email is prohibited.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---