Re: Breeding and Plant tanks

I've set up a 5.5 with crypt parva and Foxtail as a refugee tank for some
displaced Cherry Barbs and they seem to like spawning there.  The majority
of the tank is open with parva, rocks, and some small sticks while the
Foxtail is in a tight bunch in the left rear.  I've also had luck breeding
Spike Tailed Paradise Fish in a tank heavily planted with large crypts.

While not actively setting out to create a breeding tank I've found that my
desire to create biotopes has helped spark many of my species to spawn "out
of sheer luck".  If that's not encouragement to keep going with biotopes or
to set one up in the future I don't know what is.  :)  I'm also in the works
of getting a Rasbora heteromorpha setup with Java Fern, Hygro polysperma,
and an undecided crypt species.

Phil Edwards
Charlotte, NC