Re: replacing Eheim tube

Scott wrote:

"Lot's of times.  You need to get the replacement tube
connected to the filter.  You can use a tubing with a
nearly-the-same diameter or you can use adapters
(reducers)."

If the tube isn't exactly the same, can it strain the
filter somehow?  (That may be a stupid question.)

One other question:  Do I have to use the stuff called
CPVC?  I guess I don't want plasticizers in the tank!
 I saw something in the archives about this but I'm
still not sure what is and what isn't safe to put into
the tank.

Thanks, Cavan