Re: Why a digest? was attacks

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 03:41:56PM -0800, Erik Olson wrote:
> There are plugins for most mail readers that will "de-burst" a digest into
> its constituent messages. To the end reader, it will be no different than
> receiving the APD as individual messages, except that it happens only
> twice a day & doesn't put the strain on actwin.com's servers.  I use this,
> and I can easily reply to individual messages, save a post for archiving,
> or even filter out crud before reading it.
>
> I don't know how to do this with Outlook (the 95%), but others have
> mentioned that it IS possible.  Me, I'm still living in 1991 with PINE.

That's very similar to what I do here on my Unix box.  I use formail
to de-digest my email, then use Mutt to sort the treads.

My annoyance is that many people here re-title the subject, so
those messages don't get sorted correctly.  :p

I haven't looked but there _has_ to be a Windoze program that will
di-digest the mail.

-Eric