Gravel question

What gravel size, type and depth is best for a planted tank. I'm using a
medium sized gravel that I picked up from the local DIY store and mixed it
with some gravel from a Jade quarry. The quarry gravel contains a high
amount of mineral content-mostly iron and causes some great growth with my
Aponogetons. They are all in flower and showing very healthy root growth. I
can't say the same for my dwarf native lilies, since bringing them indoors
their growth has slowed down and the leaves are much smaller and paler. In
the same tank I have Crypt wendti and they are slowly spreading over
everything-I started with 1 plant and now have a dozen or more. This tank is
90cm x 60cm x 60cm in size has 3 20watt lights on 12 hrs a day, pH is 6.4
and I use peatwater to keep the pH low. What other additives or changes
should I make to get my lilies to grow better?

Edward Venn,
SMG Holdings Co., Ltd.,
Deux Chateaux Blanc 2-303,
1356 Kobuchi, Kasukabe,