[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: Carpet Plants for Medium Light Tanks
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: RE: Carpet Plants for Medium Light Tanks
- From: "Lee Boon Chuan" <lee.bc at ellipsiz_com>
- Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 10:06:40 +0800
- Thread-index: AcKPVQhgmHpcdiB+RDmvpTAQbk6TyQAGlVjg
- Thread-topic: Aquatic Plants Digest V5 #443
I have tried hairgrass, E. tennelus, glosso and Elatine triandra. My
favorite is Elatine triandra. I have great success with it with
This plant is quite common here in Singapore, but I don't read much
about it in the APD.
This plant cover the substrate like glosso. It spreads faster than
glosso and form a very thick carpet. It is a very easy plant. I
prefer the leaf shape and colour of E. triandra to glosso. In my
experience, however, it cannot withstand too much pruning.
I am wondering if this plant is used by anyone else.