Re: Why a digest?

The main reason I would far prefer individual messages to a digest
because my email app is far better at sorting and searching than
the web interface.  My mail app handles threads better than the web
ui does.  My mail app allows more sophisticated searches.  My mail
app is faster and more responsive.  My mail app allows me to search
and sort messages whether I am online or not.  I have DSL + 802.11
at home, but when I take the iBook out in the world that does not
help.

I do not think that the web ui is bad, but my mail app is certainly
much better, and I would be glad to be able to use it, but the
digest format prevents it.

Also I could filter klez/other irritating viruses and known obnoxious
lawsuit abusing individuals without ever having to see them, rather
than seeing their vestiges pop up in the digest.

Finally the ability to select a flame war thread and delete it
as a whole offers a certain satisfaction...

Chimera is an excellent browser - it's screaming fast.  Tabs rock.
But I still would prefer to read my mail lists as individual emails
than juggle tabs from various searches of a mailing list.

Steven Bach