DIY Yeast Reactors

Michael wrote:
"Well Guys i must say what is the correct mixture for the DIY Yeast
Reactors."

I always use a 2-1 ratio of water to sugar; in my case, that means 2 cups
sugar, 4 cups water, and 1/8 teaspoon yeast. I have abandoned the baking
soda idea for no particular reason other than I didn't really notice any
difference when using it. I use two reactors on a 35-gallon tank, and get
about 10 days worth before having to re-fill. Yeast is kept in the freezer
and will usually last about 6 months beyond the "use by" date. It's time to
buy new yeast when it takes more than an hour or so to start bubbling.

Rod Piechowski
Visibility about a mile from the Sears Tower today...