Re: lighting/hood question

Probably no bulb-death problems, but you will most likely build up a
"crust" on the tubes over time from water splashes and the like. You also
have a greater risk of getting the electrical components wet, which will
cause corrosion that CAN lead to premature failures. Probably best to get a
piece of 1/16" acrylic at least and make a little barrier to go between the
hood and tank water. Just make sure you have enough ventilation that the
plastic doesn't get too soft from the heat.

         -Bill

>Hello...
>
>  I constructed an oak enclosure for my 2x55W cflo lights, seated on my 29g
>tank (impressive).This enclosure rests on the tank without any acrylic or
>glass underneath. Is this a bad ider? Will this open top cause my bulbs to
>have an early death, due to the humidity?
>P.S.
>[snip]
>Good
>zankyou