Re: aquarium related injuries

We fishkeepers seem to be a nervous lot with everyone jerking their arms
out of tanks suddenly. I had a similar experience early in my fishkeeping
career. We a had a tank with several medium-sized SA cichlids in it. I
derived some sort of weird pleasure from holding the fish food just above
the water to attract all of these little monsters and whip them into a
feeding frenzy. Anyway one female Oscar decided she'd had enough and leaped
out of the water to get the food making me jerk my arm back with said fish
still attached to my index finger resulting in her being dumped
unceremoniously on the floor. I quickly placed her back in the tank with no
seemingly ill effects bar both our prides being wounded and some scratches
on my fingernail. I have since had more respect for our finny friends.

Cheers Tony