Re: PS issues

> From: RobHags at aol_com
> Subject: Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V5 #433
>
> Tom,
> The nitrates in my tank are at 10 ppm. I add K acouple of times a week using
> sechem potassium. I recently had to bring the Gh and Kh down from about 11dh
> down to about 5 and 3 .

Had to? Why?

> I also dose weekly with trace elements and iron from
> the sechem line.

Might try adding this 3x a week. How big was the tank?
Likely need more, and certainly more than most recommended dosing with
light/CO2/good NO3 etc.
Try adding more traces, I get lighter colored growth in a number of plants
switching from hard to soft.
My present tap water is 52ppm (3)KH and 108 ppm (6)GH.

I've used more traces generally to get the same effect in harder waters. But
over the next year or so, I should get a good feel for the softer water
which is almost perfect as far as I'm concerned. Could use more PO4
though:-)

Regards,
Tom Barr

 I also noticed today that the new growth on my sword plants