Re: Christmas Moss ID

Stephan asked:
"Did your bryologist
friend get the 'Christmas' moss identified to species
level?"

Grrrrrr! No, not yet. I have obtained three separate "samples" of "Christmas
Moss" - the first one didn't do much and just faded away to nothing,
eventually dying completely. The second, when it grew proved to be (from its
phystical appearance) just Java Moss. I have a third sample growing now -
and from its appearance it looks like the real deal (feathery little fronds
as opposed to just long branches). But I want it to grow to appreciable size
before I disturb it and take a sample to send to see if it can be ID'd. When
you don't want things to grow, they grow like weeds........

James Purchase
Toronto